What is the difference between the products offered on this Web site and the commercial versions of these products?
Nothing. Aside from the price, these products are usually functionally identical to the commercial versions. As a student, teacher, instructor, or faculty member you are eligible to purchase one copy of most software titles at educational discounts. Some software titles such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks and 3ds max are functionally identical to the commercial versions but have been specially designed for educational or student-only use, making them unsuitable for a professional production environment.
Some manufacturers such as Macromedia and Waterloo Maple limit their use strictly for personal or educational use. And some products like SPSS Student Edition limit slightly, the amount of data that can be collected or input. Please view the Agreement Forms found on those products that require a specific form to be completed; or the Manufacturer's Web site for other specific licensing limitations and requirements.
All schools and academic institutions are eligible to purchase from Academic Superstore.com.
To help with the special needs of academic institutions and purchasers, Academic Superstore has a dedicated team of account managers available to assist you. These representatives are experts in licensing, volume pricing and other school software related matters. Purchase orders are also accepted for additional convenience.
For more information, please contact us.
Individual customers may only purchase one copy of any software title per year beginning date of purchase.
Purchasing multiple-user licenses can be overwhelming, but Academic Superstore is ready to assist you in obtaining the best arrangement for you organization. Multiple-User Licenses offer substantial discounts over the individual priced software copies while offering several advantages to your organization. These include:
- A simple, one-stop process for your organization. Academic Superstore offers licensing for hundreds of titles, so we can offer competitive pricing in one easy transaction.
- Solutions that are more cost-effective than single-user products.
- Increased discounts are available with increased numbers of users. Many titles offered by Academic Superstore are available in tiered or cumulative discounts, so the more you buy, the more you save!
- Reduced administration costs due to one-time purchase and installation. Many titles are also available with add-on technical support or free upgrades for a particular period of time to streamline your installation. Your organization can focus on your needs instead of being overwhelmed by your software.
- Legal compliance for your organization under a customized multi-user plan. Academic Superstore provides an easy way to outfit all of your workstations with the latest versions of top software titles; and all at a reasonable price!
Academic Superstore has partnered with manufacturers that recognize our commitment to providing professional software tools at prices that students and teachers can afford. This allows us to offer the best tools in the marketplace at the lowest possible price.
Academic Superstore has partnered with the software publishers to offer our customers the best prices to academically-eligible customers. We are an authorized reseller for every product we carry so you will own a legal license for the software you purchase. All of the software is the most-current version, as stated. Simply put, education has its benefits.
Most academic software titles are not upgradeable. A few manufacturers do offer upgrades to their commercial versions upon graduation. Please contact us if you are concerned about a specific product.
Yes, schools and institutions can use the fax order form (click here) to complete a faxable order. Individuals can place their orders online.
- Our standard method of shipping is Ground service. We may use any carrier at our discretion for Super Saver Shipping.
- Shipping times quoted are based upon typical Ground delivery timeframes. Shipping times may vary during peak shipping periods.
- Shipping services are for delivery during normal weekday business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Estimated shipping times may be affected by delays in receiving acceptable academic status and payment information from the customer.
- Packages left without a required signature are the responsibility of the customer.
- We do not ship to PO boxes, international addresses, or APO addresses.
- Shipping charges are determined by destination, weight, and size of the package.
- Next Day and 2nd Day shipping services are available at an additional charge. Due to eligibility requirements orders may not ship the same day the order is placed.
- For customers located in Alaska and Hawaii we do not offer ground service. Packages will be shipped via the lowest cost air service available.
- Saturday delivery may be available for some in-stock items at significantly higher shipping cost for some locations. You must call to see if Overnight Saturday delivery is available for your order.
- JourneyEd does not ship outside the US or Canada.
|Shipping Method||Estimated Delivery Time|
|Overnight||1 Business Day|
|2nd Day Air||2 Business Days|
|Ground||3 to 5 Business Days|
|Super Saver||4 to 10 Business Days|
These times are estimated from the date the product ships.
Products usually ship 24 to 48 hours after Eligibility Approval.
Electronic downloads are not sent immediately. They generally take 1-3 business days.
You can download by either clicking the Download button on the Order Details page or by right-clicking on the Download button and clicking Save Target As in Microsoft® Internet® Explorer® or Save Link As in Mozilla® Firefox®. Do not rename the download file as this can cause installation problems.
Where should I save the download file?
You can save the download file anywhere you like but you should make sure to remember that location or the name of the downloaded file. Most people find it easiest to save their download file on their Desktop.
What will happen when I download?
Once the download starts, you will see a pop-up with a status bar and a percentage that will climb to 100%.
What should I do after I download?
When the download finishes, you should go to the location where you saved the file and double-click on it to begin installation.
If you have more questions or need help with your download, please contact Technical Support using the information below.
Technical support email: email@example.com
If your download stops or is interrupted before it completes, simply click the Begin Download button again and the download should resume where it left off. If you need to get to the download page click here to look up your order.
To download software you have already purchased, you will need to look up your order and click the Begin Download button.
The file was saved in the default "Save As" location specified by your browser, or the location you selected in the "Save As" window that appeared when the download began. If you know the name of the download file, you can search for the file on your computer.
Unfortunately, we cannot exchange a downloaded product for a physical version of the same product. To obtain a physical product you must place a new order for the physical product.
If you want to purchase a BackUp CD for the downloaded products in a completed order, you must look up your order and complete an additional purchase.
If your product requires a serial number or unlock code, you can usually find it in the Order Confirmation email that was sent to you when you submitted the order. If you do not have your Order Confirmation email, you can get your serial number or unlock code by looking up your order.
First, make sure you have the correct serial number or unlock code. You can get your serial number or unlock code from the Order Confirmation email that was sent when the order was submitted, or by looking up your order.
Second, please note that serial numbers, registration numbers, unlock codes, and passwords are usually case-sensitive. Make sure you are entering your code in the right case.
If you still have problems, contact Customer Service.
If you are a part or full-time student, teacher or faculty member attending or employed by an accredited, degree-granting institution (K-12 or Higher Ed), you are eligible.
|K-12 Students & Adult Education Students||Higher Ed. Students (College)||Teachers, Faculty, and Staff||Academic Institutions||Home Schools & Home School Students|
|Enrollment Requirement||Full-time and Part-time||Full-time and Part-time||Full-time and Part-time||Accredited and Degree-granting||Full-time|
|Verification of Eligibility Required||Dated Student ID from the current semester or school year
Letter of enrollment from school on letterhead
a Report Card
|Dated Student ID from the current semester or school year
Letter of enrollment from school on letterhead
|Current Faculty ID card
Letter of employment from school on letterhead
Copy of pay-stub (ink out pay amount)
Institutional Business Cards
Letter of Authorization On School Letterhead
|A district approved letter of intent
a copy of Curriculum receipts
registration through a home school program
membership in a recognized home school org
Letter of registration from a home school organization
- Not all manufacturers offer discounts to K-12 students or home-schooled students.
- Some manufacturers require full time enrollment.
- Class schedule must show current enrollment status.
- Verification letter must be signed by a school official or faculty representative.
- ID cards must be either validated to current semester, or submitted with current class schedule.
- Some manufacturers require you earn credits towards your degree.
- We cannot accept a text document or email copied and pasted into another document or email.
We require proof of current affiliation with a school. Accepted verification can include the following: a dated student or faculty ID card, fee receipt, course schedule, pay-stub, or employment contract with a school, non-profit or government organization. Please feel free to block out any private information such as pay amounts and social security numbers.
Once your academic document has been reviewed, your account will be marked verified and an email will be sent confirming that your verification has been accepted and your order has been released for processing.
Academic verification documents are reviewed in the order in which they are received. These documents may take up to 1 business day to be posted to your account after being received.
Customers may view their order status on our website 24/7 by logging in to the My Account page. All order progressions or delay issues are communicated by email to the email address provided on your account. Be sure to set your email settings to allow delivery of JourneyEd emails to your address book.
Yes, documentation is required with every order. Documentation must be uploaded at the time of placing your order.
Eligibility is kept on file for one year from the day submitted.
Eligibility for the monthly subscription is required by Adobe and instructions are immediately given after you place the order online. The yearly subscription requires you submit proof directly to Adobe after your shipment arrives; instructions will be in the packaging. In either case you can use your school email address for easy processing or submit a document showing current enrollment.
Visit the Adobe website to see all academic qualifications http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/qualify.html
Online Store Policies
- We are authorized to sell products to academic customers within the United States. We cannot accept orders from international or APO addresses.
- Most orders require proof of academic status to qualify for academic pricing. See: http://www.academicsuperstore.com/eligibility
- Several manufacturers allow home school families and non-profit organizations to purchase under their academic program, please see the eligibility link on our website for details.
- Academic status requirements are set by each manufacturer. Special qualifications are provided for each product on the Academic Superstore website. You can find academic status requirements by clicking on the product description for any product on our website.
- Orders are placed on hold until proof of academic status has been received and approved by Academic Superstore.
- Customers are responsible for providing acceptable proof of academic status via their online account, college student instant verification (eligible schools only), email or fax. Academic Superstore assumes no liability for delays incurred while waiting for acceptable proof of academic status from our customers.
- Academic status documents are usually processed within 1 business day, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Typically proof of academic status is good for 12 months and must only be submitted once per year.
- For personal orders we accept credit cards (Amex, Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
- Credit card orders are not charged until the product ships. Cards are authorized when orders are placed to verify funds availability. Customers using debit cards should check with their bank to determine how funds will be processed.
- For schools we accept purchasing orders (Net 30), purchase cards (p-cards), school checks and money orders
- School purchase orders must have payment terms of Net 30 to be processed.
- Product availability is usually visible on the product description page of our website. If no product availability is displayed the item is special order and usually takes 1-2 weeks before it ships.
- We cannot guarantee product availability at the time your order is placed. Inventory availability may change between the time an order is placed and the time we receive both acceptable academic status and an acceptable payment method from each customer.
- Products are not allocated for your order until proof of verification and an approved payment method have been accepted.
- At times we will offer pre-sales of new products that are not yet available from the manufacturer. We will attempt to communicate the best estimate of product availability provided by the manufacturer. Please be aware these estimates are often subject to change and further delay by the manufacturer.
- For individual sales, we are required to collect sales tax on all taxable sales in all states which administer a sales tax. Any sales tax charged will be indicated once your billing and/or shipping address have been entered during checkout.
- Tax-exempt entities and other buyers purchasing products tax-exempt can submit a copy of their tax-exempt certificate or required documentation to receive tax exempt treatment. We will need a copy of your tax-exempt certificate and the billing or shipping address on the order must match the address on the certificate. Please include your order number or a copy of your receipt or invoice. You can fax a copy of your certificate, with order number or invoice to 1-866-947-4525.
- Orders cancelled prior to shipment incur no charges.
- Shipments, which are refused or returned by the recipient, will be credited 80% of their initial purchase price. Not including shipping and handling costs incurred.
- Orders cannot be cancelled after shipment. Customers must call for a Return Merchandise Authorization before returning any shipments. (See Return Policy)
- Electronic Software Downloads cannot be cancelled once eligibility has been approved.
You may return most software items you have purchased from Academic Superstore within 30 days of delivery for a full product refund minus the cost of shipping providing the product is unopened. Hardware items can be returned within 14-days of purchase. Software and Hardware must be returned in original unopened packaging and in a resalable condition.
Software that has been opened and is defective may be exchanged for a replacement item of the same title and platform only. No returns for refunds are accepted on opened items. If the return is a direct result of our error, we'll also pay the return shipping costs. Outside of 30 days from delivery, defective products will be subject to the manufacturer's warranty.
A Restocking Fee of 15% or $45 (whichever is less) may be assessed for any returned item. A Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number must always accompany all returns. To obtain your RMA number, simply call or email our customer service line at 1-800-876-3507 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Products returned without obtaining an RMA number will be refused or subject to an automatic 15% restocking fee at the discretion of Academic Superstore. If your return warrants Academic Superstore emailing a direct return material authorization label please consult with our customer service staff for details. All returns received without previous authorization will be discarded after 30 days.
When returning items to Academic Superstore, we strongly advise that you obtain a tracking number for your shipment. Please use a sturdy shipping box; placing shipping labels directly on the original product voids any previous credit or refund authorization. All original product parts are required for return, including product packaging.
Due to manufacturer restrictions, we cannot accept returns of the following items:
- Any item from the following manufacturers, vendors and items: Ableton Live 6, Adam, Alias, Alpha Software, Antares Audio, ArcSoft, Audio Warrior,Auralog, AutoDesk, Auto FX, Atrixware, Avid, Brother, CadSoft, Computer Systems Odessa, Cosmic Blobs, EasyReader, Emedia, Epson, EZ Grader, eZedia, HP, IK Multimedia, Jackson Software, LearnKey, Line 6, MacKichan, Maxon, National Instruments, Nemetschek, Newtek, Nik Software, Now Software, Orbis Software, Pantone, Pinnacle, Pixtivity, Planon System Solutions, Quark, Reason, Red Rock Software, Robert McNeel & Associates, Rosetta Stone, Sibelius, SmartSound, SolidWorks, Sony Hardware, SpeedSkin, SPSS, Steinberg, StyleEase, SunBurst, Transparent Language, Wacom Cintiqs,Wacom Refurbs, Wolfram, Wizcom Technologies.
- Any item that has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
- Any item from Adobe Student Licensing.
- Zip Disks, Recordable CDs/DVDs, Ink Cartridges, Paper, Toner for Fax Machines and Printers, or any other consumable product.
- Any Electronic Software Download (ESD) purchase.
- Any gaming or game console software.
- Any volume license purchase.
- Any item that is not in its original condition or is damaged.
- Any item marked "BLOWOUT! While Supplies Last"
- Any item returned without a RMA number.
- Any item returned to locations other than the Academic Superstore Plano warehouse.
- Any OEM product.
- Any training software or DVD.
- Any item not return in a shipping box - envelopes not allowed.
Returns Warehouse Address:
Attn: Returns Department
RMA # (provided when return approved)
80 E. McDermott Dr.
Allen, TX 75002
Shop with comfort. Buy your academic priced software now and if you see a lower advertised price of that same exact academic priced item within 30 days of your purchase, we'll refund the difference. To receive your refund, just provide a copy of the advertisement or written quotation containing the lower price to Customer Service at email email@example.com or fax 866-362-2492. Refunds are usually processed within 24 hours of price verification. Refunds cannot be offered on closeouts or loss leader pricing. This policy applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to special offers, rebates promotions, or free-with-purchase offers. JourneyEd reserves the right not to sell products below our cost.
All product warranty and technical support are provided directly by the manufacturer and not Academic Superstore.
- Schools and Institutions requiring special bids, quotes, and volume discounts should contact their Account Manager, or our School and Institutional sales team at 1-800-876-3507.
- We will return most quotes within 2 hours and bids within 1 business day.
- Quotes are good for 30 days from the date created unless otherwise specified in writing on the actual quote.
Your email address is safe with us.
We never sell or share your email addresses with other companies.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
If you receive a newsletter or email and decide you don't like it, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
If you feel you've been sent unsolicited email and would like to register a complaint, please call our toll free number or email our abuse department.
|Academic Superstore Customer Service||Customer Service|
|Academic Superstore Email Abuse Teamfirstname.lastname@example.org|